"Rencontres Montagnes & Sciences"
offers a different look at the mountains through the lens of film and science: exploration of the glacial mills in Greenland, breathtaking images of the Icelandic volcano Fagradalsfjall, the birth of mountaineering on Mont Aiguille, the rescue of endangered species, a cross between birds of prey and paragliding champions...
In addition to the films, several of which are previews, you'll be able to meet a host of guests.
It's a journey through the world's mountains for young and old, all the way to the International Space Station!
Since 2015, Rencontres Montagnes & Sciences has been run by the association of the same name. The aims of the association are:
- Make scientific and technical careers attractive and accessible, especially to young people;
- Promote the work of researchers and make scientists aware of the need to communicate with the general public;
- Promote mountain regions and demonstrate their ability to adapt;
- To provide a better understanding of natural and cultural areas and raise awareness of environmental protection issues;
- Encourage cinematographic and audiovisual creation;
- Raising awareness among the media and journalists of the wealth of news in the sciences.
► Doors open at 20:00
► Screening starts at 20:30
► Screening ends at 22:30
The order below will not necessarily be the order of broadcast.
See all partners