A WALK AT ALTITUDE to admire the view
Holidays in Tignes are not just about skiing! Take advantage of your stay to walk around the resort and at altitude, and take the time to discover the snowy peaks at your own pace. There are magnificent viewpoints all over the resort. Why not head to the top of Tovière to admire the view and catch a glimpse of Mont Blanc? Don't forget to immortalise the moment with a souvenir photo!
Take time to discover the resort
Do you just want to take a walk or simply stroll around before coming back to the fire? Simply walk around the lake, pass by the Chartreux pedestrian zone and finish by La Banquise by visiting the igloo village. A walk that will be particularly appreciated by young children (and which is accessible with a pushchair). Also explore the resort and discover its particularly rich heritage and history.
- Visit the Maisons de Tignes to take part in the interactive walk "Discovering the history of Tignes".
A lunch break at altitude to recharge your batteries
For your well-deserved lunch break, go to a restaurant to recharge your batteries. No less than 6 high altitude restaurants await you, such as the Panoramic or Le Bollin, which will be delighted to welcome you on their terrace for a lunch in the sun with your friends or family. Enjoy a nice sunny day before going back to explore the snowy summits. Don't hesitate to take the ski lifts open to pedestrians to reach the heights of Tignes!
Follow the ski touring trails to get some exercise
Are you a bit more sporty? Follow the ski touring and snowshoeing trails to reach, for example, the Petit Col viewpoint with a breathtaking view of the Lac du Chevril and the Aiguille de la Grande Sassière culminating at 3751 metres.
Essential INFORMATION not to be missed
Before setting off on your adventure, remember to prepare your expedition, whether it's for an hour or a whole day. To help you, here are the basics to remember before you leave:
- 8 lifts are accessible to pedestrians in the Tignes area. Remember to check the list of these (see below)
- A ski pass is required to access the lifts (only the Bollin chairlift is free for pedestrians). Pedestrian passes for a single round trip or for a day are available at all sales points in the resort. It is also possible to buy your pass online
- Please note: the pass is also compulsory for the descent. Once you are at the top, you will need a valid pass if you want to go back down via a lift open to pedestrians
- Clic to enlarge the image -
Accessible and pedestrian-friendly ski lifts
- Brévières gondola lift
- Les Boisses gondola lift
- Chaudannes chairlift
- Tovière gondola lift
- Tichot chairlift
- Bollin chairlift (free)
- Grande Motte cable car
Ski touring and snowshoeing trails
- La Fastoche
- Le Collu
Walking and cross-country skiing areas
- Brévières area
- Marais area
- Chartreux area
*All areas, pistes and lifts are accessible depending on snow conditions
ALL ABOUT PEDESTRIAN PASSES